Iconic 1920 Cottage
Located far back amongst mature trees this cottage sits proudly in a sought-after location amongst other quality homes on a level 2080 sqm block recently rezoned (subdivision potential pending approval from local authority’s). The grand old dame has had thoughtful, authentic extensions to the original cottage with no expense spared.
Now a 4-bedroom home plus study the house has retained the grace, elegance and space of yesteryear. It is easy to see why this home was featured in 1991 miniseries ‘Clowning Around’ by Barron Production as ‘the boy’s home’.
The modern kitchen is the true hub of the home with a feel of an era gone by, yet with the luxury of modern appliances.
Catch the view of a rainy winters day through windows and warm yourself by the fire while toasting marshmallows in the old Metta stove – you will never want to leave.
The lounge retains the glorious period features of solid jarrah floorboards, high ceilings with decorative mantelpiece surround the open fireplace. The wrap around veranda is ideal for a relaxing cuppa or sun-downer drink while the twinkle of city lights appear after dusk. The city skyline can be viewed from the loungeroom window and veranda.
The large front lawn can host many games of soccer, footy or badminton while catching the last rays of sun before an evening dip in the below ground pool. All bathrooms and laundry are brand new in neutral classic designs.
There is also a 3 bay Colorbond barn ideal for a workshop, storage or collection of vehicles.
• Large lounge room with high ceilings, jarrah floorboards and open
• Second living room or theatre room or work from home with external
access from the veranda.
• Northerly aspect from open plan kitchen/dining overlooking alfresco
• 5-star master bedroom including WIR and luxury en-suite (big bath
& rain shower), overlooking private pool with a northerly aspect
surrounded by lavender and roses.
• Three additional generously sized bedrooms
• Modern bathroom and WC for main household
• Laundry with extra separate WC for easy access from pool
• Fibreglass salt water pool with glass fencing
• 12 panel solar power 3KvH
• Split system air conditioner
• Solar hot water system
• Reticulation for expansive front lawn
• Authentic extension by Thornlie Rise builders