Hidden from the road by native shrubs and trees, glimpses can be caught of the intriguing façade of green and grey before turning into the small, quiet street of Onslow Close. Built in 2012 by Michael Moffett of Westmade Homes and designed by DC Designs Daniel Cassettai, 6 Onslow Close in Gooseberry Hill showcases the best of modern housing meeting the natural landscape of the Hills. A clever blending of organic elements like NSW Blackbutt wood flooring, abundant Perth sunshine and a north-facing aspect with new age engineered stone, composite Matrix panelling and solar panels means this home offers both a soft, inviting atmosphere as well as contemporary functionality. For those looking for a tree change without the need to renovate an older home, this house is your solution.
The galley-style kitchen is designed to flow, with a huge island connecting the food preparation space to dining area. Featuring pale coloured engineered stone countertops, Smeg appliances, pantry with pocket door and 5 burner gas hob, everything here is designed to maximise efficiency whether is it feeding a family or hosting a soiree. Free flowing movement from the kitchen to dining to outdoor decking is ensured with large glass sliding doors stacking smoothly to open the whole space up and take advantage of hot summer nights. If staying cool is more your vibe, the zoned, ducted reserve cycle air-conditioning takes care of climate control and the high ceilings provide ample room for air circulation.
The main bedroom is a parents dream with space for a California king bed, a walk-in-robe with floor to ceiling storage and separate study/beauty/dressing nook. A huge ensuite features engineered stone double sink vanity , deep two person bathtub, walk-in shower and separate toilet all in a neutral, fashionable colour palette of grey and white round out the main bedroom as the perfect retreat space. In a separate wing of the home are three double-sized bedrooms all with built in robes and extensive storage, a family bathroom with long vanity, double sinks and walk in shower. A separate toilet means no waiting for someone to be done in the bathroom. Right across the hall from the bathroom is the laundry, handily placed and with lots of storage to deal with dirty clothes and dirty pets. Rounding out the wing is an activity room with space for studying, watching movies and sleepovers – the best part being a door to shut out the noise of giggling when the adults are ready for bed!
Outdoors is set up for both summer and winter activities, with a sparkling fiberglass pool for hot summer days and a cosy firepit for cold winter nights. Two sheds will hold all your gardening tools and a water tank with pump will provide rainwater for your summer planting. A large lawn can host cricket or footy games, tree swings sway in the breeze and a fort with climbing wall is ready for little adventurers. For those inclined towards organic, backyard farming there is a vegetable patch, fruiting trees including permissions, lemons, oranges and apricot, plus a chicken coop for fresh breakfast eggs. If you don’t feel like cooking, wander up the rest of the way up the hill to sample to delicious coffee and cuisine in Kalamunda or Gooseberry Hill townsite. Move in and just enjoy simply living in this modern masterpiece – no work needed!
- Bespoke home designed by Daniel Cassettai of DC Designs and built by Michael Moffat of Westmade Homes in 2012
- 6 kW solar system with battery-ready inverter
- Main gas connection and instantons gas hot water system
- Double garage with shoppers entry
- NSW Blackbutt flooring to all living areas
- Neutral palette bathrooms with walk-in showers and double vanities
- Galley-style kitchen with gas hob, engineered stone benchtops, kitchen island with breakfast bar, Smeg appliances and built-in pantry
- Large main bedroom with huge ensuite, walk-in-robe and study/dressing nook
- Family wing with activity room, three double-sized bedrooms with bult-in robes, bathroom and laundry
- Duo Light Luxaflex Top Down/ Bottom Up Holland blinds
- Fiberglass pool with glass fencing facing outdoor decking area
- 1902 sqm level block
- Firepit with bush log style seating
- Large lawn with built in play area and swings
- Vegetable garden, fruiting trees and water tank for rain collection
- Two garden sheds with storage