At 5 Arthur Road is a loved home seeking a young family or couple looking to get established in beautiful Gooseberry Hill. Close to Gooseberry Hill Primary School, the village shops including Embers Restaurant and Pere Bakery, and just a short bike ride away from Kalamunda Central, this humble 3 x 1 is an easy entry into the Hills market. Settle into this solid 1970’s build with plenty of room for growth and space for imagination on this ¼ acre block.
Enter through double doors to a large foyer with plenty of storage space and a graceful archway down to the sunken lounge. The lounge features a reverse cycle air-conditioning and gas heater point, perfect for a future mantlepiece and gas log-burning heater. Access the paved, undercover patio through sliding doors off the lounge or just bathe in the glorious sunset which floods the room with soft, warm rays in winter. The kitchen boasts ample storage and beautifully crafted woodwork details, as it was handmade by the owners during a renovation. Another gas heater is set against original slate hearth, easily warming the whole area in winter. There is both informal dining in the kitchen as well as a small, formal dining nook off the lounge which could easily become an office or children’s play area.
The main and second bedroom are king-size while the third bedroom could easily accommodate a queen bed, with new carpets to all rooms. The main bedroom also boasts reverse cycle air-conditioning and massive mirror front, built-in wardrobes with hanging space and drawers. Across the hall is the family bathroom, which boasts pristine condition retro tiling, large vanity with sink and built-in tiled mini bathtub with overhead shower. Access to the separate toilet can be gained through either the bathroom or the laundry – handy for when someone is using the bathroom! The laundry has access to rear drying courtyard, which receives ample winter sunlight thanks to its north facing aspect.
Outside there is plenty of space and room to test out your landscaping skills. A small, grassed area fringed by mature trees gives a shady spot to play during summer, while further back a single brick workshop/studio is an option for the growing artist, potter or woodworker. Two large raised vegetable beds boarded by sleepers are ready to be turned for growing while the rest of the yard waits for your creative touch. A comfortable, clean and easy care home, this will be the best starting point for first home buyers, young families and couples looking towards getting their foot in the Gooseberry Hill area.
• 3 large sized bedrooms with new carpets, main with reverse cycle air-
• Retro family bathroom with separate toilet and entry through to laundry
• Sunken lounge with archways, reverse cycle air-conditioning, gas
heater and patio access
• Dining nook with gorgeous evening sunlight and arches to sunken
• Large entry with double doors and plenty of storage
• Informal dining and kitchen with gas heater, plenty of storage and
outdoor access point
• Laundry with access to drying courtyard
• 2 x tin garden shed and single-brick studio/workshop
• Tiered backyard with mature trees, sleeper vegetable beds and options
for imaginative landscaping
• 2 car covered carport and paved driveway
• Instantaneous gas hot water heater connected to mains gas
• 1012sqm block
• 127sqm living space under main roof
Floor Plans & Pricing