From the road, you may catch a glimpse of the home at 38 Mason Road – a flash of white, the hint of the A-frame roofline or the sun glinting off veiled windows. A spectacular number of mature trees including a gorgeous Cedrus Atlantica, echoing the beauty of the Atlas Mountains, conceal this character home from the road. For the artists, the nature lovers, the adventurous and those looking for something different – this one is for you!
A double story house, the first floor hosts all the living quarters plus laundry and bathroom while upstairs is the sleeping quarters and family bathroom. A taste of what is in store for this home is represented on the front doorstep, with a custom made, lead-light framed entry which evokes the rise and fall of the hills. A large formal lounge with exposed Jarrah beams dominates the first floor, with views to both front and back gardens. The kitchen features an informal family dining area, while a separate formal dining room serves for when entertaining guests – perfect for hosting both intimate and grander gatherings! The kitchen has views through the garden, a clinker brick feature wall, big pantry, St George electric cooktop and oven, plus a clever hidden microwave nook. A laundry with separate toilet and shower is perfect for guests or when you’ve been gardening and don’t want to track grime through the house. A standout feature of the entire bottom floor is the tumbled sandstone flooring which lends a natural feeling underfoot and keeps the house cool during our fiery summers.
Ascending the solid Jarrah staircase (with useful understairs storage) to the second floor are the three large bedrooms and family bathroom. Solid Jarrah floorboards feature throughout, as do views over the gardens and into the tree canopies. All three bedroom have large built-in robes and can easily accommodate queen size beds. The family bathroom has a bath and shower as well as separate toilet – no banging on the bathroom door here. Extensive storage is located in the attic space which is accessible from the first-floor landing.
Outdoors it’s time to put on your explorer hat – here be a forest! With a multitude of native and unusual varieties of trees sprawling over the entire block, it’s easy to feel like you’ve entered a secret garden. The mature almond tree, orange, lemon and weeping mulberry provide pops of colour amidst the greenery and a pond makes for excellent tadpole hunting. A solid brick powered workshop is ready for an inspired artist to make into a studio… or an avid gardener into the worlds best potting room. A generation of artistic pursuits has infused into the bones of this home, and it is ready to deliver a soulful treetop retreat to those looking to start their next chapter.
• Three bedroom, two bathroom double story home with character features and extensive gardens
• Kitchen with clinker brick feature wall, St George’s electric cooktop and oven, clever microwave nook, large pantry and garden views plus informal dining area
• Formal dining and separate large formal living room with exposed Jarrah beams
• Gorgeous custom lead-light windows to entry way with hills motif
• Tumbled sandstone flooring to first floor, solid Jarrah floorboards to second floor
• Solid Jarrah staircase with understairs storage (easy conversion to a wine cellar)
• Functioning electric roller shutters to all windows throughout the home
• Large powered, brick workshop at rear
• Extensive gardens with mature trees of both native and uncommon varieties
• Property in the zone for Falls Road Primary School
Please call or text Mick Carson on 0409 087 869 to arrange a viewing.
While care has been taken in the preparation of the above particulars no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy of the whole or any part and interested persons are advised to make their own enquirers and satisfy themselves in all respects. This also includes enquiries related to local authorities, utility and internet connections and additional connection fees may apply.