In total harmony with the surrounding escarpment landscape and nestled next to national parks, this home presents a rare opportunity for the astute buyer. Designed by renowned Hills architect Alan Davies and built by Vince Daly of Eze Construction, this house was the prize winner of the Green Smart Award, two Housing Awards and two best builder awards in 2005. Only on the market due to family overseas joyously expanding, here is an excellent chance to purchase a prestigious, thoughtfully designed and treasured home in the hills.
A short scenic drive from Kalamunda and the popular Gooseberry Hill restaurant and patisserie along the Darling escarpment, this gorgeous home sits above the scenic Zig Zag. The property is just over 4000sqm of undulating landscape showcasing the rare native flora and established Wandoo trees. A solar powered gate opens onto the paved driveway, leading up to the covered car port at the rear. The entrance flows into the main living spaces all of which have spectacular north facing panoramic and forever views over the adjacent national and regional parks.
Attention to detail and devotion to nature are hallmarks of the home and are apparent throughout. The Eastern Australian blackbutt and jarrah flooring, Tasmanian oak cornices, skirting, door and jarrah window frames bring nature indoors, while the solar passive north facing orientation of the house has been cleverly utilised by energy efficient GreenSmart design to make the most of Perth’s weather – warmth in winter and coolness in summer! Outdoors the garden features winding paths and seating areas to best take in the views over the escarpment.
The below-ground swimming pool sits in a natural sun trap and allows for a longer than normal swimming season. The adjacent entertaining areas are also protected from easterly winds and look from Gooseberry Hill over the Helena Valley to the coastal plain.
This impressive house is prestigious not just for its award winning architecture but also as the embodiment of truly enjoying life at home. Find your enchantment in beautiful Gooseberry Hill, yet only 5 minutes from Kalamunda, 30 minutes to Perth CBD and 15 minutes to the airport.
- Steel framed mini orb and Zincalume construction
- Built to withstand cyclones and fires
- Bonaire Fire Rated Evaporative cooling to the outdoor room
- Reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Solar / gas hot water system
- Gas Hob and Neff electric double oven
- 5 Door LG fridge/freezer and Bosch dishwasher
- All 4 bedrooms with BIR
- Fully reticulated by drip feed
- John Hogan built kitchen
- 3KW, 10 panel LG Solar Power
- Laundry with Miele washing machine
- Outdoor room complete with BBQ, fridge and shade blinds
- Pagoda for deck dining area
- Workshop and lockup garage in under croft
- Insulated throughout walls, ceilings and underneath
- Turnaround and extra parking for several vehicles
Please call Anneli Carson for a viewing on 0417 953 629.
Please note some of the exterior photographs were photographed in October 2018.