For those seeking an energy, a little something different, an out of the ordinary home, step inside the warm embrace of a saffron yellow foyer and into a storybook. Pristine condition character features of ceiling roses with chandeliers, decorative lead light windows, high ceilings and clinker brick interiors matches perfectly with modern engineered timber flooring and granite veneer countertops in this gorgeous home at 19 Torwood Drive.
At the heart of the home sits the kitchen which boasts a walk-in scullery with options for shelving, granite veneer countertops, double sink, dishwasher and a large 5 burner free-standing Lofra oven/stove combo with small meals area. Off the kitchen is a covered, paved outdoor patio with fruiting lemon, pomegranate, Burmese mango, navel orange and fig tree – perfect for those looking to stretch their wings into making homemade preserves or just to pick and eat fresh!
A large front facing formal lounge (currently used as a playroom) with a ceiling rose, internal French doors and large sash windows to catch the afternoon sunshine. The main bedroom is beside the formal lounge, featuring wall-length built in robes and well-proportioned ensuite with marble sinks, wooden vanity and gold accents. Across the foyer is the current formal dining room, with decommissioned open fireplace and ceiling rose – this could be kept as a formal dining area or easily converted to another use. A second informal lounge has exposed beams and original Jarrahdale potbelly with copper flue, wooden stairway to upstairs bedrooms, access to enclosed sunroom and family bathroom with double vanity, spa bath, shower and toilet. Ascending the staircase, you are afforded a look into the pool area through a cute peek-a-boo window. Upstairs are three bedrooms, two with built in PAX wardrobe systems. The largest bedroom upstairs is king size and also has its own bonus toilet and sink – great for when you don’t want to walk downstairs at night! While the smallest of the three bedrooms may not have a built-in robe, it does have direct access to the pool area, a luxury for teens or guests alike.
Outdoors, the sunroom is tiled and would be perfect for the avid gardener as a greenhouse. An extra added benefit is a storage room off the sunroom which is temperature controlled due to the thermal mass of earth behind it and perfect as a cold cellar storage for homemade pickles, jams and sauces or as an extensive wine cellar. The paved pool area has a sink with both hot and cold taps which makes BBQ and clean up a breeze when entertaining around the large fibreglass pool. Prop your feet up and wait for the nightly show of kangaroos making their way into Toornaart Creek Reserve and Wildlife Corridor, or follow them and access the famous Rocky Pool with lots of walking trails to immerse yourself in nature.
- Split system air conditioning to main bedroom, two secondary bedrooms, informal lounge and kitchen
- 332 square metres of living space included in the homes floorplan
- Main bedroom with wall length built in robes, ensuite with marble basins, wooden vanity, shower and toilet
- Three secondary bedrooms, all good size, two with built-in-robes and one with toilet/handbasin
- Family bathroom with spa bath, separate shower, double vanity and toilet
- Laundry with outdoor access, dog door, storage and wall mounts for dryer
- Kitchen with scullery, double sink, dishwasher, 5-burner free-standing oven/stove and granite veneer countertops
- Outdoor covered, paved dining patio with fruiting trees
- Three large living spaces, one with decommissioned fireplace and another with Jarrahdale potbelly
- Large fibreglass pool with paved entertaining area and outdoor sink with hot & cold water
Floor Plans & Pricing