At 163 Railway Road in Gooseberry Hill is a rare property with the combination of both business and pleasure. Boasting a street front historical shop, a home office, and an expansive relaxed family home with extensive fruitful gardens, these types of properties are few and far between. Whether you’re an artist, an entrepreneur, a hobby farmer or a family, 163 Railway Road provides the perfect place to flourish.
• Historical shop with street access on Railway Road in Gooseberry Hill. Excellent visibility, historic value, perfect for home businesses. Includes updated switchboard and power, freshly renovated and extended with balcony
• Home office with adjoining utilities room and access via carpark at Gooseberry Hill Village Centre
• Spacious 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom family home with multiple living zones and central gas heating radiators
• Timber framed french windows and doors feature in living areas
• Country kitchen with feature support beam, new LG dishwasher, ILVE freestanding oven with 6 burner gas cooktop and plenty of storage
• Huge laundry off family room with separate 3rd bathroom and toilet which can be accessed directly from pool/patio area
• Large round concrete below-ground, salt-water chlorinated pool with paved undercover entertaining area situated off the kitchen
• Sprawling, reticulated gardens featuring both duck and chicken runs with extensive orchard varieties including olive, cherry, plum, elderberry, mulberry, lime, lemon, orange, mandarin, grapefruit, pomegranate, apple and fig, as well as established grape and passionfruit vines and raised garden beds reticulated and ready for planting
• 5kW solar panel system with SOLAX inverter
• Bore water well with fully automated pump system
• Several reverse cycle air-conditioning units, evaporative cooling and gas heating to ensure comfort all year around
The historical shop at the front of the property was built in 1920 and served as the general store. While the store itself is not heritage listed, it is the original building which is now over 100 years old and a real piece of Kalamunda history. The historical shop has been freshly renovated with an updated switchboard, a fresh coat of paint and a balcony, as well as the original features being lovingly restored to their former glory. This is perfect for a budding business as there is lots of foot and vehicle traffic along Railway Road and to the Gooseberry Hill Village Centre next door. This presents a unique opportunity for a home business . This property also features a separate ( currently approved ) home office with adjoining utilities room. The scope of the two buildings for small business really lends itself to a wide variety of opportunities. Plus, only a 20 metre commute to work!
Along with the historical shopfront and home office is an expansive 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom family home situated at the back of the block along a treelined winding driveway. With a Mediterranean style exterior of rustic red bagged walls, this home is perfect for a large family looking to settle into a relaxed vibe for the upcoming summer with activities such as poolside lounging, vegetable garden pottering and cooling swims all on the menu.
The home has been designed to make the most of the multiple living areas, with each section able to be isolated from the rest of the home. All living areas have direct access to the paved outdoor patio area and pool, truly making the best of flowing from indoor to outdoor entertaining. The large family room with potbelly fireplace is perfect for winter, with space aplenty for extended family events. The formal lounge at the front of the house features soaring ceilings and a vintage chandelier, a space perfect as either formal dining or as a conversation room. Central to all the action is the kitchen with sunken lounge. The kitchen is country style with lots of storage and features an original large cross beam, a real focal point for the whole room. A new LG dishwasher makes clean-up a breeze, which is great because the ILVE freestanding cooker has 6 gas burners, so you’ll be able to use all the pans in the house at once!
The main bedroom is king-size and complete with walk-through wardrobe space and ensuite with shower, toilet, and vanity. The main bedroom also features its own access via sliding door to a private patio area, and a door to a secondary bedroom which could easily be used as a nursery. Four secondary bedrooms are divided throughout the house, with two at the front and two at the rear. The first at the front is queen size with the door through to the main bedroom. Off to the side of the formal lounge is the staircase to the loft – the perfect teenage retreat! With an in-wall air-conditioning unit for hot summers, a built-in bench seat and plenty of room, this is the perfect space for a teenager who wants to spread out a little. At the rear of the home are the other two secondary bedrooms, both also queen size which share a family bathroom between them. The family bathroom features a gorgeous roll-top, claw foot bath, separate shower, toilet and vanity with vintage Federation style tiling.
Outside is perfectly set up for summers spent barbecuing, swimming and hanging out with friends and family. A large paved undercover patio stretches towards the pool, ready to accommodate a party and has an outdoor sink, perfect for washing dirt off freshly dug vegetables. The round below-ground pool radiates relaxing retreat vibes, get ready to cool off on hot summer days and feel like you’re on holidays! To top it all off, the sprawling gardens house a fully reticulated, wide variety of fruit trees and raised vegetable beds for living off the land. A real bonus with the reticulation is that the water comes from a year-round bore which has an automated pump, so you won’t need to think about the water cost come summer. The established chicken coop and resulting chicken run are ready for some clucky gals to give you fresh eggs and keep those pesky bugs off your veggies.
Please call or text Anneli Carson on 0417 953 629 to arrange a viewing.
While care has been taken in the preparation of the above particulars no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy of the whole or any part and interested persons are advised to make their own enquirers and satisfy themselves in all respects. This also includes enquiries related to local authorities ,utility and internet connections and additional connection fees may apply.
Floor Plans & Pricing